Friday, May 21, 2010

A very long hiatus...

It's almost two years since my last post, and plenty (both good and bad) have happened in the interim. The following timeline is a brief summary of my life since the much-cherished Shanghai trip...
  • Started work at PwC on 7 July 2008
  • Graduated from SMU in 13 July 2008
  • Met a whole bunch of new people (Amin, Chee, Zee, WZ [who is now Ou Weiming's girlfriend], Raymond [Mr 3%], Ee Wah, Daniel, Rex and LKL)
  • Saw Audrey May May get married in September 2008 (She's now the proud mother of one)
  • Grew very much closer to Koof, Ra, Jing, Huimin, Janice, Gina, Hailing and to a much lesser extent before he quit the H-monster, Zhong
  • Proposed to my beloved (26 December 2008) at Crowne Plaza Hotel with the invaluable assistance of the people above
  • Celebrated the graduation of my batch (one year after my own) at Peach Garden OCBC Centre on 9 July 2009
  • Attended my first (and last) PwC Fiesta in October 2009
  • Tendered my resignation in the very same month (after seeing Wilson get his Maggie Mee)
  • Left PwC on 6 November 2010 - it was the SPA away day as well
  • Joined G** on 16 November 2010
  • Went for my first overseas trip - Phuket with HER in January 2010
  • Lost a loved one (Ah Ba on 19 March 2010 - exactly 8 years to the day after Ah Ma passed away) - a very painful and sudden bereavement... the gratitude I feel for his care in my formative years spurs me to do the same for his daughter
  • Went for my 2nd trip to Bintan with HER in April 2010
  • Went for our wedding photoshoot on 20 May 2010
  • Bought our matrimonial bed and sofa set from Sealy and a local retailer on 21 May 2010
This has been a turbulent 2 years for me, and the only constant has been HER steadfast support, as has always been through these 9-plus years. For that, I will have no one else but HER as my wife. I'm looking forward to our photos and 18 September 2010, the day that we will be legally man and wife.

Pictures are available on Facebook, and I know that these memories, however painful, will be an indelible part of my journey through life.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Angelistine said...

Gor, didn't expect to see a 'new' post up here after such a long time. All the best for your next stage in life! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home